Covington Partners was founded in 1999 to reduce drug abuse and violence among Covington youth. Since that time, we've expanded our offerings to include a variety of mentoring, family strengthening, and physical/mental health programs. Every aspect of this coalition's work is focused solely on supporting the children of Covington.
Who are we?
Covington Partners works to bring together key community stakeholders including students, families, partner organizations, the Covington Independent Public School District, funders, staff, board members, mentors and volunteers to all work towards to goal of helping the youth of Covington achieve success in every phase of their life. Since our inception, we have:
- Conducted campaigns to increase youth leadership in schools and the community.
- Provided mentors for students in need of support.
- Promoted policies to improve the safety of our children in and out of school.
- Implemented programming to help families support their children's learning processes.
- Provided needed training and resources for school staff and administrators.
Covington Partners is working to enhance and sustain programming in several areas. Over the past two years, we have worked with STRIVE to create seven collaboratives including:
- Early Childhood
- Family Engagement
- Health and Wellness
- Out-of-School Time
- College Access
- Service Learning
Collaboratives meet monthly and the full community coalition meets quarterly in March, June, September and December.
Covington Partners is proud to be a United Way of Greater Cincinnati Agency Partner.